Tinnitus and Misophonia, or Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome, can have a significant impact on your quality of life. Joanne can guide you in learning and mastering tools to regain a sense of peace. Treatment options include:
- Mindfulness helps you retrain the way you pay attention, becoming an observer of the sounds you hear as opposed to a critic.
- Learn to experience trigger sounds as neutral, instead of annoying and aggravating.
- Learn to focus on other aspects of your day instead of focusing on the unpleasant sounds you hear.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Based on the idea that our thoughts and interpretations cause our feelings and behaviors.
- Learn to identify and shift thought patterns that increase worry and stress.
- Regain a sense of peace and calm by learning to fully relax your body and mind.
- Deep breathing, muscle relaxation, and guided imagery are helpful and enjoyable relaxation tools.
Free consultations available for help with Tinnitus and Misophonia concerns.