Free initial 20 minute in-office consultation offered
Individual Session Rates
50 minute session $110
80 minute session $155
A sliding scale is available upon request
Medical Assistance (MA)
BCBS, Health Partners and Medica (under Psychotherapy Partners group practice)
Common questions to ask your insurance provider include:
• Do I have mental health benefits?
• Does my plan cover services by Joanne Garlich, MS LPCC
• How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
• Do mental health services apply towards my deductible?
• How much is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Your counseling services may be eligible for reimbursement through your medical spending or health care savings accounts. In addition, there are many benefits to paying privately or ‘out of pocket‘.
Benefits of paying ‘out of pocket’
• Having the ability to choose the length and frequency of therapy, instead of being required to follow insurance coverage guidelines and limits.
• Having the ability to choose a counselor based on your individual needs and
values, not simply whether they are in your insurance network.
• Having the option to use your health savings or medical flex spending
accounts through your employer to assist in paying for services.
• Allowing for greater privacy as you will not have a record in your medical
file about services sought, which becomes a part of your permanent health
• Freedom from the requirement of needing a mental health diagnosis to receive
Cash and check
Payment is collected at the time services are provided.